Why choose an etyres franchise for mobile tyre fitting ?
An etyres franchise gives you the opportunity to become your own boss, create a better work-life balance and develop a prosperous business. The 36 million cars on the road in the UK also give replacement tyre market a wealth of opportunities if you are hard-working, self-motivated and committed to delivering excellent customer service.
For more than 20 years a tried-and-tested formula has provided our network of franchise owners with a springboard to success, allowing you to reap the benefits of building your own business, while operating under an experienced and trusted brand in the tyre industry.
Once established, you are actively supported in, and encouraged to, expand your business by adding more vans to their fleet.
What’s included in the franchise?
- As a new etyres franchise owner you will gain an exclusive territory. This ensures you that sales from our website, telephone and corporate partners are assigned through to you.
See available territories
- A comprehensive training programme is carried out at our head office by our senior management team and an active etyres branch. Our training days cover everything you need to know to get started with your business, including sales and practical skills ranging from fitting tyres to filing VAT returns.
More about training
- As an etyres franchisee you have access to a range of on-going support. The support ranges from visits by operations team, to training on new products, equipment and practices in the tyre industry.
- Our head office sales team will gather orders for you throughout the week with a fully staffed sales department. The training delivered to new franchisees will also equip you to build business for your branch locally. Our sales team will help you take advantage of all the avenues you can explore to secure sales.
- The head office marketing team will assist you in promoting your etyres branch. You will have access to a range of promotional items including flyers, business cards and posters. Your marketing will aim to drive customers to your own localised landing pages and targeting potential customers throughout your area.
- Technology plays a vital role in running a successful business and you are provided with a laptop and software to help run your branch run efficiently.
- The training you receive also covers finance and administration. You will be given a run-down on our accounts software which has been specifically tailored for you.
More about set-up costs
Eight weeks to change your life.
Our eight week setup process can enable you to start trading quicker. The process of starting your own business is closely managed by our franchise team who will also help, guide and support you through the whole process. If you are looking to make a change and feel etyres is the right franchise for you, the following process is how we can get you set up and trading in such a short time.
- Fill in the online form today and we will send a more details franchise prospectus out to you and arrange an initial call to see whether an etyres franchise is right for your needs.
- The next step after the initial call is to visit our head office in Cambridge and have a detailed talk with our franchise team. During this meeting you will have the opportunity to find out more about etyres, gain an overview about what running your own small-business would entail and also, ask any questions you may have.
- Following on from your visit to our head office you will need to attain bank funding (if necessary). We offer you support throughout the bank funding process, including the development of your business plan and funding application.
- Once your bank, or personal funding is completed you can sign your franchise agreement. (You are now just a few weeks from launching your business).
- After all the paperwork has been completed your initial training will start. During your training you will go through a range of areas to ensure you can hit the ground running on the day you start trading.
- After your initial intensive training course you will be ready to open your local branch and be supported by our dedicated head office team.
Bank funding for franchise investment
etyres has a track record of helping you secure funding from leading high street banks including HSBC, Natwest, Lloyds and RBS. Our business model has also led the banks to support our franchise applications, even during recessionary times.
If you do require bank funding for franchise investment, our franchise team can help you explore the possibility of support from the major banks. We will offer guidance in the following areas:
- Developing of your personalised business plan
- Creating your bank funding for franchise investment application
- Liaising with the franchise departments at the leading banks
- Presenting your application to banks who understand and value our successful track record
Different ways of funding your franchise.
The provision of finance can be in several different forms.
Loan accounts are most often used for the purchase of assets where the loan will run for a longer period or a vehicle purchase where the term of the loan will be much shorter to reflect the rapid depreciation of the asset. Fixed interest rates are often available.
Asset finance can be used to fund the purchase of equipment for the business. This can help ease cash flow by spreading repayments over a period of time instead of making a one off investment.
You are however in a better position than a self-employed person setting up a business from scratch. You have the backing of a proven business format and details of how similar franchisees operate to show the bank.
etyres franchise training and development
All new etyres franchise owners undertake a comprehensive two week training programme and attend an external course to obtain an industry recognised accredited qualification. You will want to get your etyres franchise up and running as soon as possible, so our two week training course has been designed to cover all aspects of our business culture.
The two week course has been designed to condense a wealth of knowledge gained over the past 20 years to prepare you for operating and running your own franchise. Operational and business development training are tailored to embrace all levels of experience and although it may feel intense at times, you will come away with a thorough understanding of how to run your business from day one.
The first week of training is spent working alongside an established local branch. Here you will be immersed in the branch from the moment you arrive and be guided through the day-to-day activities involved in running your own business. The operational training has been designed on the assumption that you have no previous tyre fitting experience, so our established branch will also work with you until you feel confident that you have acquired the necessary skills to operate your franchise.
Ongoing support training
Your operations manual is regularly updated and kept up-to-date with developments and any changes to industry policies and procedures. We have an expanding training library that can be accessed whenever you wish. New material is regularly added to this resource to ensure franchise owners are armed with the best tools to grow their business.
Accredited tyre training
In addition to your in-house training, all new franchise owners are required to attend an external training course as part of the induction programme. After successfully completing your exam at the end of the course, you will receive an IMI Quality Approved Award in High Performance Light Vehicle Tyre Fitting. This qualification is recognised throughout the motor industry and can provide valuable theoretical insight into areas such as tyre construction and use regulations.
This accredited tyre training course is made up of one day classroom based theoretical training, one day workshop practical training and a half day examination and assessment. Current health and safety legislation, vehicle construction, run-flat tyre technology and tyre repair are just a selection of the topics covered over the two days.
An etyres franchise benefit from not having a fixed site or office based business. The savings made by having lower overheads can mean that it is easier for your to invest and re-invest in your business.
Purchasing your van.
Our franchise team will source a new van for you that is a suitable size to house the equipment you will require and for you to operate out of. We also cover the deposit on your van if needed, to help you get on the road. You can also pay for your van on a hire purchase basis, for which we have a recommended finance company. The only thing you need to sort out is your insurance, we can even put you in contact with our recommended insurance company.
All the tools for your van are sourced and fitted by our franchise team, and we also arrange the sign-writing so that when you receive your van it will be ready to go with all your equipment, including a pneumatic tyre changer, compressor, loose tools and consumables among many other pieces of fitted equipment.
Your new van will be delivered before training so that you have plenty of time to familiarise yourself with everything before you start operating.
With the distinction of being the UK’s first online mobile tyre fitting company, etyres continues to build its reputation as a highly respected, award-winning franchise on the back of three core business values: honesty, convenience and professionalism.
Turnkey van franchise with low overheads
etyres has been at the forefront of transforming and leading the way tyres are sold and fitted across the UK for more than 20 years. Its van-based turnkey operation is built on solid foundations which have been tried, tested and honed since the company was launched in 1992.
There are a large number of etyres franchised branches across the UK, delivering a mobile service to customers at their home or work. Customers are able to place orders on our website or by calling the national sales team, which operates seven days a week to maximise sales. All tyre fitting work is carried out from a van equipped with the latest equipment, keeping operating overheads low.
An award-winning franchise
The etyres franchise model has received many accolades in recognition of its success as an ethical and sustainable franchise business. It is a full member of the British Franchise Association (bfa) and is the proud winner of the British Franchise Association/HSBC Franchise of the Year Bronze Award 2011. There are many other strong testaments to the way we operate, including the fact that the first franchise owners who joined in 1996 are still trading strongly today.
While every business faces change and tough new challenges, its success depends on its ability to adapt and evolve. etyres has been doing this for more than 20 years in an industry which has gained a reputation as recession-proof.
Our mission statement
To give our customers outstanding value by providing the most convenient and reliable solution for purchasing tyres.
Our core values
Our brand’s core values allow us to meet the requirements of our customers, whilst delivering on the etyres mission statement.
Honesty. We pride ourselves in offering honest value-for-money. We don’t upsell, cross-sell or push unnecessary products and services on our customers.
Convenience. Customer convenience is our key goal and we always aim to be flexible and meet customers’ requirements as part of every interaction.
Professionalism. We provide a professional and reliable service to customers
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to questions that we are most commonly asked about becoming an etyres franchise owner.Read the FAQs